The NSW Department of Planning and Environment announced Sydney Metro West in 2016 and construction started in 2020. Three stations will be located within the City of Canada Bay in the suburbs of North Strathfield, Five Dock and Concord/Burwood North. Please visit Sydney Metro webpage for more information on the project.
It is envisaged that the Sydney Metro West station precincts will become the centre of communities with new places for people to live, work, shop and play.
Initial consultation was undertaken by Council in November and December 2020 to understand the communities aspirations for each station location. The outcomes of this consultation are included in the Engagement Summary Report.
Based on what we heard, we have prepared draft Local Character Statements and a draft Planning Study.
Draft Local Character Statements
Local Character Statements describe how the precincts could change in the future, while retaining their unique character.
A draft local character statement has been prepared for each of the three areas of Five Dock, North Strathfield and Concord/Burwood North. You can read and/or download them here:
- Sydney Metro West: draft Five Dock Local Character Statement
- Sydney Metro West: draft North Strathfield Local Character Statement
- Sydney Metro West: draft Concord/Burwood North Local Character Statement.
Draft Planning Study
A draft Planning Study has also been prepared that provides a technical analysis of the land use planning constraints and opportunities for each station precinct.
- Stage 1: Draft background and strategic context review – analysis of the existing precincts, relevant land use planning studies and strategies
- Stage 2: Draft urban design framework – integrates the findings of the community engagement with the Stage 1 Review and identifies principles to inform potential change to land use plans.
It should be noted that in relation to the Sydney Metro West: draft Five Dock Local Character Statement, Council has property holdings within the Local Character Statement boundaries, and transparency and probity principles will be applied accordingly.
Have your say
You are invited to review the draft Local Character Statement and provide your feedback by:
- Completing a short survey (see below)
- Making a formal submission via the methods below:
Attn: General Manager,
City of Canada Bay
Locked Bag 1470
DRUMMOYNE NSW 1470
Please reference 'Sydney Metro West Station Precincts – Local Character Statements' when making a submission.