Our Foreshore Access Strategy has been adopted by Council
On 20 October 2020 Council resolved to adopt the Strategy and for the necessary steps to proceed with relevant works and further investigations. You can read the Meeting Minutes here. You can view the final document below or download the final document here.
Did you know our area is home to 35km of Parramatta River foreshore?
Being near to the water is a big part of what makes our City so special. A Foreshore Access Strategy has been prepared to help improve and increase foreshore access in the City of Canada Bay.
It looks at three key priorities:
- Increasing the connectivity and amount of publicly accessible foreshore
- Improving the access, safety and amenity of existing foreshore
- Promoting, protecting and celebrating our foreshore trails and places
Final Foreshore Access Strategy
On 20 October 2020 Council resolved to adopt the Strategy and for the necessary steps to proceed with relevant works and further investigations.
During our community engagement period, we canvassed opinions from key stakeholders and the wider community.
The community engagement revealed:
- Support for the Strategy;
- Objection to the investigation of a boardwalk linking Friend Avenue Reserve and Wymston Parade in Five Dock; and
- Information and suggestions to refine and improve the Strategy, including the need to identify Chiswick shortcut as a high priority area.
The adopted strategy incorporated community feedback and considered the financial implications to achieving the priorities.